The leaves are changing, pumpkin spice has taken over café menus, and I Love Local HFX’s City Harvest event is back for the 5th consecutive year. The annual event takes place October 22nd, when you’re encouraged to get out and support local businesses by eating, shopping, and exploring your way around Halifax. Local businesses are at the heart of Halifax–contributing to making Halifax the distinctly unique and welcoming city it is. Bishop’s Landing is proud to be a sponsor of City Harvest again this year, meaning there will be all kinds of exciting things happening in our Lower Water Street community. There is an extensive list of things to do around the city and here at Bishop’s Landing during City Harvest. Here are some highlights:
To extend the harvest celebrations, we’re hosting a contest where you’ll have the chance to win a $150 gift certificate to redeem at any retailer or restaurant in Bishop’s Landing! To enter you can subscribe to our newsletter in-store at Bishop’s Landing merchants, or online at BishopsLanding.com/Contest on October 22nd.
We all know by now that the options for delicious food available in Halifax is endless. City Harvest gives you the chance to discover your favourite new restaurant and test out some limited-time dishes with the Back Door Takeout selection. With a wide range of restaurants and cafés participating, there is something for everybody to try!
- “Harvest Stack” burger at Ace Burger
- Apple-Bacon-Gruyere Crepe at Foggy Goggle
- $3 Doughnut Ice Cream Sandwiches and Pumpkin Spice Lattes at Scanway
- Fried Chicken Tacos at The Stubborn Goat
- $5 Miso Teriyaki Munch Box at Indochine Bahn Mi.
Of course, we’ll be indulging right here at Bishop’s Landing with:
- $2.50 Hand Paddled Ice Cream at Sugah! as well as Chocolate Making demos and Pumpkin Seed Brittle tastings
- FREE wine and beer samples paired with farm-to-table snacks at Bishop’s Cellar
City Harvest is the perfect opportunity to update your fall wardrobe and snag some amazing deals!
- Stop by Biscuit General Store to get 20% off all fall clothing and shoes
- Get crafty at Pro Skates where they are hosting a Backyard Market with local makers and sellers.
- Receive 20% off all stock at The Independent Mercantile Co.
- Here at Bishop’s Landing, you can visit Rum Runners and receive 20% off clothing and glassware.
- Visit Alexa Pope where Nora Swimwear will be having a pop-up shop from 11:00am-5:00pm.
The city will be busy with Haligonians hitting the streets and supporting local. To make things easier, Waterfront Development is offering FREE parking in their Lower Water Street parking lots—including here at Bishop’s Landing and Foundation Place, Salter, and Cunard.
These are just a few of the fun events and unbelievable offers happening during City Harvest. For more details visit www.ilovelocalhfx.ca. We love seeing you out and enjoying our city–share your City Harvest memories by following Bishop’s Landing on Twitter and Facebook and tagging us in your posts on October 22nd!