The Piazza at Bishop’s Landing is sponsoring Open City this Saturday, May 10th, playing host to food trucks and live music along the Halifax waterfront at 1475 Lower Water Street to celebrate all things local in Halifax.
In partnership with Waterfront Development, two food trucks—the brand new truck, Halifax Press, and popular Bedford-based Tin Pan Alley—will set up shop next to the Piazza fountain between 12:00pm – 4:00pm serving an assortment of delicious, locally-sourced eats.
***UPDATE: This performance is being rescheduled for another date due to weather*** Local musicians The Chess Club will add to the atmosphere with a performance in the Piazza between 12:00pm – 3:00pm, covering tunes by long-time favourite artists like the Beatles, The Black Keys, Colin James, Aretha Franklin, BB King, Stevie Wonder and many more.
The Piazza’s locally-owned, independent merchants—a number of whom are members of I Love Local HFX, the event’s founding organization—are holding a variety of exclusive promotions for the day, including:
- Bedazzled – Enter in-store to win a $200 gift certificate
- Bishop’s Cellar – Free samples from L’Acadie Wines and Benjamin Bridge along with a Lion & Bright Pop-Up Shop imported from Agricola Street
- Hair Factory – $5 braids, curls, bang trims and hair flairs 1:00pm – 4:30pm
- Pearl City – Buy one get one FREE on all pearl jewelry (at equal or lesser value), first 10 customers will receive a FREE pearl restringing (no purchase necessary)
- Ristorante a Mano – Handmade ice cream (chocolate hazelnut crunch with Nutella swirl) for $3/scoop, 3:00 – 5:00pm
- Rum Runners Rum Cake Factory – 25% off glassware and clothing; buy 2, get 1 free on rum cakes
- Smiling Goat Organic Espresso Bar – $2 Double Fog City Espresso and $2 Mexican Fresh Brewed Coffee
- Sugah! – $2 hand-paddled ice cream
- Turbine – Buy 1, get one FREE on all Turbine Cosmetics and Skincare (at equal or lesser value)
- Unicorn – 10% off all women’s footwear and handbags
- and more!
“The Piazza at Bishop’s Landing has been proud to sponsor Open City for the past two years, and we’re happy to be participating again this year,” says Scott Layton, General Manager at Bishop’s Landing. “This initiative is a great opportunity to showcase the local food, music, shops and services that contribute to a vibrant urban experience in downtown Halifax and, in particular, along our waterfront.”
For more promotions, performance-related weather updates and play-by-play news during Open City, follow the Piazza at Bishop’s Landing on Twitter (@bishopslanding) and Facebook (facebook.com/bishopslanding).